We all have families! At the end of Summer we are looking back on just the past few weeks. We have even more matches to announce. Look for part two on Labor day Monday But now rejoice with us for our special kiddos who now have Mom's Dad's and Families who love them and now wait for them. Waiting children no more. They are sons and daughters.
Although I publish about kiddos on Asia waiting child blog, I never repeat content. Today is a first. a sweet, beautiful wonderful girl has found her family and we want to share. Our Sweet Amanda has a forever family. We are incredibly excited and in awe but for this wonderful girl it does not seem right to ding the bell. We are wishing blessing for both her and this wonderful family. We are so so happy for her and for her amazing family.
I have participated in a gratitude challenge on facebook recently. It was fun and helped me remember even on frustrating and difficult days there is such good in the world. Today, I am going to give you a week of gratitude in the Superkids adoption world!! This is what we have been grateful for in the past week.
- Seeing several LSC's come means our sweet kiddos are closer to being home.
- One cuter than cute little boy matched to a wonderful forever family
- A happy joyous boy from another province is also matched
- Some beautiful advocacy posts written by other advocates on a lovely little one with Downs
- A great advocacy friend to share both tears and happy news with
- A little boy's Bday in China with tons of pictures to boot.
- Two beautiful girls matched
- Telling families about their little one who waits, sharing special moments spent with someones child is just the greatest gift for me. Three families this week.
- Being so excited for all the families I speak to
- Support from my team and that they are such a wonderful team to work with
- Martha Osborrne, my role model in advocacy.
- The status of a little boy changed to special focus so there is more flexibility for adoptive parents.
- A quickly obtained echo report
- The birthday party of the sweetest girl that I met in China with the most angelic pictures.
- The number of people who will answer my questions and help on reports, medical needs and adoption advocacy.
- So many parents submitting LOI in kiddos.
- A beautiful girl matched to her forever family.
- So many new files means more children finding forever families.
We are so so grateful this week and wow what a week!!!!!!
Well tonight is our webinair. We are excited to talk about our Superkids trip and feature some beautiful kiddos. Yeah!! This gives us a chance to reflect on what it is like to go to China and everything we experienced this year. As you all know it was quite a year. Filled with Joy and poignancy beyond measure. We saw familiar faces and some new sweeties. Some of whom you will meet tonight. Here are some random thoughts we all discussed on the trip.
It really touches our hearts when children remember us but at the same time its sad. That they would remember a visiting team from one year ago. We advocate hard for every child we meet to get a file. To get the chance to be adopted. For the orphanages its hard and a job none of us would want to have. How do you pick the children to prepare a file. Out of say 600 children, where do you start and how do you pick? So we shout from the rooftops for every child we meet, follow up and ask and ask. There are simply not enough workers to prepare the files for all the children. How could there be in orphanages where there are hundreds of children.
Another sad reality is all the older children available for adoption. So many of these children will age out without finding their forever family. Many many of the children available are boys. Since when did being a boy become a special need? That is one I still don't get.
So tonight if you want to hear more about the Superkids trip to China, listen in follow this link to register.
This Thursday at 7pm eastern time. The Superkids team will be speaking about our trip. And of course about beautiful waiting children. We cant wait to share about this amazing experience of meeting all the beautiful children and how they touched our hearts. These children are just so special. Register here and listen. We will answer questions by Chat at the end.