Monday, June 25, 2012

Sweet Update

I finally feel well rested!  I can remember so many little moments from this trip. Helping the girl with Spina Bifida with her walker. Helping a baby get her hands down on the surface and on her tummy. A caregiver who took a baby who was crying from me and kind of gave me a lecture about making her cry. There were so many little moments in this trip.

This is my favorite:  - about a little boy who i first saw in November who was quite motorically delayed, really needed alot of help with developmental activities - he is now walking! Thanks to the caregiver i told you about before. I am lucky to be in contact with this amazing boy's amazing adoptive mom. She will be comming to get him soon. I think she travels in July. How i got connected with his momm is a funny story. She was sent my name by someone here who knew i had seen him. She is a speech therapist on the other side of the world. Here is his picture. This is a good lesson for us. - with proper therapy they catch up.  So many happy endings. I had this Mom's pic and showed his caregiver. She immediately took the phone and began explaing to the boy that was his MaMa.  Makes me cry with joy even now.






Peace,



Pat