As my trip to Colombia is now only a few days away, the packing is
officially underway! While attempting to pack for a two month trip to a
country I’ve never been to has been difficult, I’ve been having a blast
gathering supplies for the kids at Chiquitines. Last Friday, I spent a
good half hour sitting cross-legged on the floor of Barnes and Noble
browsing through Spanish children’s books. I was in Heaven. Si le Das
una Galletita a un Ratón (If you Give a Mouse a Cookie)… I mean come on,
how adorable is that?! I love reading children’s books in general
(something I realized after working as a preschool tutor with
Americorps’ Jumpstart program at Mizzou) and I find Spanish to be incredibly fascinating so children’s books + Spanish = bliss!
Contributions on my SuperKids donation page made
the purchase of books and supplies possible, and I am truly grateful
for that. Other items I will be bringing with me include:
Peace,
Abby
- Bubbles to target oral motor movements needed for feeding
- Theraputty to improve developmentally appropriate grasp patterns
- Toys with lights and sounds to target appropriate play and gross motor skills
- Fastener boards with buttons, zippers, velcro, etc. to encourage fine motor skills needed for dressing
Peace,
Abby


No comments