The following was written by Hannah Sams, a Superkids volunteer, who traveled to China for the first time in 2014. She helped with recording data and taking video. She has such a special touch with little ones! If a child seemed nervous or upset Hannah was always right there to comfort them and make them feel safe.
When I traveled to China this past summer with Superkids I was expecting many new experiences and emotions but I wasn't expecting these kids to grab my heart and never let go.
I met a sassy two year old. Oh, was she ever a two year old! She was a tiny spit fire who wanted to be held and let us all know she didn't like it when I put her down.
And there were so many more. Waiting to fit into their family like a missing puzzle piece to complete a beautiful picture. It is so exciting to hear of one of these kids being matched and going home to their family. Another unique, beautiful picture completed!!







No comments