Howdy!! My name is Faith, and I’m SUPER excited about traveling to Taiwan with Superkids Charity as the team photographer!
Taiwan and adoption hold a special place in my heart. My grandparents were missionaries in Taiwan from 1961-2001, and they have three adopted children from Taiwan; one is in my mom’s generation, and two sisters who are around my age.
In January 2013, I had the opportunity to travel to Taiwan to teach children’s seminars. I was there for a month at the time, and absolutely loved my Taiwan. On that trip, Taiwan and Chinese children quickly found a special place in my heart!
In December 2015, I traveled to Taiwan with my grandparents, their adopted daughters, my mom, and younger sister. With the exception of my mother, we were able to spend an entire month there. I had the privilege of traveling to the south part of Taiwan to visit some friends who are English teachers in Taiwan, and on that trip, I got to visit an Aboriginal school. My heart quickly bonded with those children there, and I realized how much I wanted to someday adopt a child from Taiwan.
I have been a professional photographer for a few years now, and I have always had the vision of using my photography as a ministry. When a mom friend of mine, who is in the process of adopting from Taiwan, told me that the Asia department of Superkids Charity was looking for a photographer to go with them to Taiwan, I jumped at the chance, and knew that God was the one who opened the door for this opportunity!
Taiwan + Orphans + Adoption + Photography = 4 things that I am passionate about, that God perfectly ordained into one trip for me! I know it will only be 5 days in Taiwan, but I’m excited to spend some time with the kids, and love on them while I’m there


No comments