Thursday, April 9, 2009


Superkids in Ethiopia

Meet Kelly and Keely

Superkids is so excited that Kelly Mortellite and Keely O'Dell will be volunteering their time this summer in Ethiopia. Both Kelly and Keely are physical therapists who have a passion for helping children! We are blessed to have them on our team!!!!!!

Kelly

My name is Kelly Mortellite and I will soon be a graduate of the Duke University Doctor of Physical Therapy program in May. My passion in physical therapy is pediatrics and I love working with children. Another personal passion for me is international humanitarian aid, so the mission of Superkids touches close to my heart. I am most looking forward to embracing a new culture in Ethiopia, having the opportunity to work with disabled orphans and making a long-lasting effect by educating caregivers on optimizing development through activities, handling and positioning techniques. I am excited to spend the summer building relationships with the children in Africa and consider myself blessed to be working with an organization as wonderful as Superkids.



Keely


I am currently a physical therapy student at Duke University with expected graduation in May, 2009. I am excited about this opportunity as it unites my passions for travel and providing physical therapy services to children. I hope this experience will be the beginning of a life long journey to bring healthcare to underserved communities both nationally and internationally. I am very excited to share my knowledge with the kids and staff, but am equally thrilled about how much this experience will teach me. I love to laugh, play and have fun…I expect to do a lot of that during my 7 weeks in Ethiopia!