Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Preparation Begins


Even the longest journey begins with but one step.  I am about to begin a journey of many steps.  It will be from NYC to Tokyo to TaiPei, TaiPei to Shanghai China and Shanghai to Jiamusi.  I will be traveling with Gongzhan Wu who is in charge of the Asia program at Gladney.  Our purpose is to bring information about our waiting children program to Taiwan.  We will then be in Shanghai to meet more Gladney designated children from the Shanghai Childrens Home, spend time with the rehabilitation staff and the children in the orphanage.    We will then fly to Northern China to speak with caregivers and staff in an orphanage there.  All in ten days.

That will be many steps.  Many new faces, new opportunities to get to know the wonderful children and make a difference.  As a volunteer for Superkids my goal is to make a difference in the lives of children who are waiting for forever families and those who will never find their own special family.  I feel so lucky to be part of this program.

Every day from now to Nov 2,  I will be packing, preparing and eagerly anticipating this trip.  Hope I have enough room in my suitcase for all I want to bring.  Will keep you all updated.

Pat,
PT