Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Shining A Light On... Taiwan



This month the Gladney Superkids team has been sharing what we have been #gratefulfor.  On Tuesdays we always like to shine a little extra light  - and focus our thoughts and work  - on the children in Taiwan who need families. I know that the country of Taiwan may not be the first place that parents might think about traveling to when they choose to adopt a child who is Chinese.  But, I encourage everyone to learn about Taiwan - It is an interesting and beautiful country with a history intertwined with mainland China.  It is a country of modern conveniences and challenges.





The adoption process in Taiwan is a very stable process with the opportunity to receive updated medical and developmental information on a regular basis once matched with a child.  Most often the children needing an adoptive family are toddlers are sibling groups.  Several years ago I had the opportunity to spend 5 months in Taiwan followed by 3 months in China, so in many ways- when I think about China -- I think about my adventures in Taiwan, and the friends I made when I was visiting.  I am #gratefulfor the opportunity I had to visit "both" Chinas - and there will always be a special place in my heart for Taiwan.  




Could your child be waiting in Taiwan? Visit Gladney’s website to read the adoptive parents requirements for the Taiwan program. If you are interested in learning more about the Taiwan program or waiting children, please be in touch with Taiwan Program Caseworker Mary Chapman at mary.chapman@gladney.org.

-Wendy Stanley, Director, Asia program Social Services