Friday, May 1, 2015

I Think It Is Time For Some Updates! {Gus}

You can read an advocacy post about Gus here. It will tell you what you need to know about him, but...

That was written before we met him. Everything in that post remains correct, but...

Oh my! He is so much more than that!



He was very sober when he came into the room, stoic, even. I was taking pictures of him and asked Gongzhan to ask him to smile (this was before I very proudly learned to say "smile" myself!). He told Gongzhan he couldn't and I dropped it, but...




It wasn't long before Tanna had him joining in a fun game with a ball. At first he covered his mouth when he smiled. Later he didn't even care when he saw I was capturing his smile on camera. This all happened in under an hour. Can you imagine how he would open up with his own family?



All of us ended up really loving this "stoic" little boy with the wonderful smile! He ended up being very playful and quite a tease!

Could Gus be your son? Please contact April Uduhiri at april.uduhiri@gladney.org for more information about adopting Gus.