Saturday, April 25, 2015

Wrapping It Up

I'm sitting in my hotel room in Beijing (yes, the same hotel most Gladney families stay in here). I just went down and enjoyed my last wonderful breakfast for this trip. I ate slowly and enjoyed it to the fullest. I'm ready to go home, but I'm not ready to leave. Every time I return to this beautiful, amazing country it feels more familiar and welcoming.




I reflect back over the places we have been, the children we have met, and the sights we have seen. I cannot wait to tell you more in the coming weeks and months. I can't wait to introduce these new little people to you who have taken up residence in my heart. I can't wait for you to fall in love with them, as I already have. And I can't wait to see them joining their families, one by one.





There have been high moments and low moments in the past two weeks. Our hearts have been lifted and our hearts have been crushed by the things we have seen. There is a great need for families to adopt all of these many, many children. We saw close to 200 children on this trip. I know many of them will still be here the next time I return. If ever you have thought about adoption or know of anyone who has, now is a great time to sign up and get your paperwork turned in so that you are in a good place to be matched as these children's files are completed. Please contact April Uduhiri at april.uduhiri@gladney.org for information about adopting our precious kids!

I cannot leave China without thanking some of the fabulous people who make our travels easy and enjoyable. They are so dedicated and caring, they take all of the stress out of the travel so that we can focus on the children. Oh, and they are also great with the children.

Rocky


Ashley

Wendy

Ms. Zhou


I need to get everything packed for my trip home. I came with two bulging suitcases and I'm returning with everything (including the second suitcase) easily fitting into one. Most of the things left here were donations and gifts from many of you. Again, thank you for joining and supporting us in this effort.




See you on the other side!

-Erin